Saturday, December 28, 2013

LAST NIGHT


LAST NIGHT



Last night was a strange night
In my dreams I stood at a tower  with great height;
It was a dream no more than a nightmare
It was a dream of enjoying the fresh air.

Over my head was the endless sky
Complemented by the birds that flew high;
I knew it was past twelve
I was supposed to read the books lying on the shelf

Under my feet was the devastating land
The waters of the beach were hitting the sand;
Only the moon’s light was visible
Which shone at each place which was possible?  

It was the strangest night I had ever seen
No shouts on the streets could reach my ear;
The streetlights shone brightly on the streets  
The bus stop was lonely with empty seats.

Chilling cold wind pierced through the window
It awoke me from my deep, sweet sleep;
I was amazed at my thought and said to myself 
"Could I really believe that it was the noisy world in which I live?”

No comments:

Post a Comment